Have you recently begun attending and checking out Grace Church? You are invited to a special 2-day event just for you!
Introduction to Grace Church Class
Sunday June 14 + Sunday June 21
9:00 am to 10:20 am
A catered lunch at 12 pm will be held on one of these days.
Questions? See Deacon of Membership Dave Ruse who is organizing the 2-day class by writing him here.
Childcare: Need childcare? When you RSVP, mention the ages and number of children so we line up screened childcare workers for the class.
May 22nd, 2015
Be on the lookout for road closures due to Rolling Thunder which happens during GCA’s morning gathering.
April 22nd, 2015
Under pressure for their faith.
Socially marginalized for holding to Christian doctrine.
Searching for hope and encouragement in troubled times.
Wrestling with submitting to an increasingly hostile government.
Wondering why in the world God was allowing pain and suffering in their path.
These are the real-life concerns of Christians the Apostle Peter addressed when he wrote 1 and 2 Peter. Join us Sundays at 10:30 am for Through the Fire, To the Feast, a fascinating and relevant journey through these two biblical books.
On Sundays, Lead Pastor Jonathan Matías is expositionally leading the congregation through a passage from 1 and 2 Peter, explaining and applying God’s Words in a practical and encouraging way, with a view toward pointing to the glory and grace of Jesus Christ. Join us for Through the Fire, to the Feast at 10:30 am on Sundays at Grace Church of Alexandria.
April 1st, 2015
Jesus got up early on Easter Sunday, so why don’t you too?
Come enjoy a lovely time of prayer and breakfasty snacks at Prayer Brunch this Easter Sunday, April 5 from 9:20 to 10:07 am.
- Food and drink table opens at 9:20 am…it’s not a continental breakfast, but is a selection of tasty breakfast snacks to enjoy while we fellowship.
- Then at 9:35 am we’ll begin praying with thanks and requests to the Lord.
- Children’s Bible Class will take place as usual in the library for kids ages 7-10 at 9:30 am.
No need to bring a dish this time; Suzanne Altizer, our new Refreshments Team Leader, has got it all covered!
February 24th, 2015
Adult Bible Class
Join us at 9:30 am for engaging studies & discussions at Adult Bible Class (ABC) in March, April, and May. The ABC schedule is as follows:
- Church History Q&A – March 1. “Where Does GCA fit in the Spectrum of Church History? Bring your questions about church history and GCA. Last in the Church History series.
- Community Group Leaders Workshop – March 8. a discussion for all community group leaders and anyone interested/curious about how to lead a small group.
- Kingdom Come: Living Under the Reign of Christ – March 15 thru April. A 6-week study of the present and coming reign of Christ, based on The Gospel Project curriculum.
- Information Meetings on GCA’s New Governing Documents – Coming in May. Presentations and Q&A on a (slightly) revised constitution and statement of faith.
Children’s Bible Class (Ages 7-10)
Have kids who are Ages 7-10? Children’s Bible Class for kids ages 7-10 is offered at 9:30 am Sundays in the library.
February 21st, 2015
1:30 pm Update – West Community Group IS MEETING tonight at the Bean home. Details below. But Old Town Community Group is CANCELED due to unplowed street and no parking options at the host home.
Grace Church’s morning service & all classes are CANCELED this Sunday February 22. We will not meet in the morning due to ice & snow.
Instead, come on out to a community group later in the day, weather permitting:
- 6:30 pm West Community Group at the Bean Home (9561 Penhook Ct #204, Manassas, VA). Host phone # is (703) 987-8963.
4:30 pm Old Town Group at the Frost Home (624 Kings Cloister Circle, Alexandria, VA 22302). Host phone # is (703) 887-9754.
Everyone is welcome to a community group, even if this is your first time visiting one.
February 12th, 2015
Update: This workshop for Community Group leaders is moved to March 8 due to the snow day GCA had last week.
Do you occasionally lead the discussion at your GCA Community Group? Join us for a workshop designed specifically to serve you – a roundtable discussion on effectively leading your community group discussions. This one-time Community Group Leaders Workshop will be at 9:30 am Adult Bible Class on Sunday, March 8.
- The pastors will review tips for wisely leading discussions of your group;
- We’d like to hear from you with ideas on what’s working (and what’s not) at your small group, during the open mic time;
- Bring your questions about how to have an effective small group.
By comparing notes with each other, you’ll learn from other groups and be renewed for another year of discipling and caring for those who attend yourGCA community group.
Breakfasty treats will be waiting for you to enjoy at 9:20 am for a relaxed, open time of sharing and encouragement.
December 31st, 2014
Christ died for the church, and now he lives for the church.
And so should we.
Why does the church play such a big part in God’s redemption plan? How does God intend to use the church to help me grow in the faith? Why should I bother to join a church?
These and more are questions we’re exploring in The Church…the Dearest Place on Earth, the Winter 2015 sermon series at Grace Church of Alexandria.
From January to March we’re discussing how to get the most out of your Grace Church experience, and how God may use you to contribute to the lives of others. We’re covering:
- The Big Picture: Why out of love God would spill blood for his church
- The Centrality of the Gospel: the cross is at the heart of everything at Grace Church
- How to Talk to God About Your Church: what to pray for your local church
- Scripture Intake: why the Word of God is your lifeblood; you can’t live without it.
- The Gospel + Relationships = Growth: how to form discipleship relationships
- Take Me To Your Leader: how to follow the leaders God gives your church.
- Evangelism is a Team Effort: when it comes to witnessing, you don’t have to go-it-alone
- Membership: Don’t Leave Home Without It: Why join a local church?
- Changed Into His Image: how God uses tough love and relationships to grow us.
Join us Sundays at 9:30 am for Church History Adult Bible Class and 10:30 am worship service for The Church, the Dearest Place on Earth.
December 2nd, 2014
This December at Grace Church, come get an in-depth look at the splendor and glory of Jesus Christ in a special Christmas sermon series, Captivated By His Beauty. These sermons will paint a portrait of the One who came out of love to rescue us on that first Christmas morning. We’ll consider:
Who is this infinite One who contained himself as a fragile, vulnerable child in the manger?
What is Christ able to do for us because he took on flesh for us through the incarnation?
What is so compelling about the Lord Jesus that stokes our joy and gives us indomitable hope?
Join us Sundays at 10:30 am in December:
- December 7: The Glory of the Pre-Incarnate Christ
- December 14: The Glory of the Incarnate Christ
- December 21: Christmas Meditations
- December 28: The Glory of the Exalted Christ
Listen to the song that inspired the sermon series title: Hast Thou heart Him, Seen Him, Known Him?
November 18th, 2014
GraceBooks resources available on Sundays at GCA are on sale!
- All GraceBooks Table books & DVD’s now 75% off.
- GraceBooks will close down Dec. 31, so all items are discounted.
- Items are by donation. So pay 25% or even take an item for free if you cannot afford it. Yes, take it! Resources are there to serve you.
Questions? See John Martin (GraceBooks Table manager).
We’d like to keep the book table running, but with so many resources available via the internet, we’ll transition to highlighting good resources on our web site, blog, and The City as well as through occasional book reviews.